The 2:00 Hour marathon, some call if the holy grail of distance running. Will we ever break it? This week we interview journalist Ed Caesar who has just published a new book that looks at just that. Join us as Ed follows elite marathoner Geoffrey Mutai across the world and discovers if two hours can ever be a reality.
We Go Into More Detail About
- Ed’s background as a runner and how he got plugged into reporting on running.
- What it’s like running with the greatest runners on earth in the Rift Valley of Africa.
- The mental aspect to running and it’s impact on dropping running times.
- An unlikely friendship between Ed and Geoffrey Mutai.
- The athletes that Ed loves to follow.
- Will we ever break the Two Hour marathon limit?