WIN BART'S BOOK
Want to win a free copy of Bart's autobiography My Life on the Run? Leave a comment below about your favorite thing that Bart talked about! We will randomly select one winner on July 30th, 2014.
BACKGROUND INFO ON BART YASSO
- Bart's Website
- Wrote My Life on the Run
- Joined Runner's World in 1987 and is now the "Mayor of Running"
- Completed 1200+ races including races on all continents.
- Biked across America...twice.
- Invented the Yasso 800's
- Completed 5 Ironman Triathlons.
- Completed the Badwater 146 through Death Valley during the summer.
We Go Into More Detail About
- How did Bart get started?
- The First "Runner's Boom" in the 1970's
- What Got Bart to his first race?
- Does Bart consider himself an extreme person?
- What does Bart have in common with 24's Jack Bauer.
- What motivates Bart?
- What motivates people to come together in the running community?
- Bart's work with training the Kennan House, a group of recovering addicts.
- How running has grown from a sport to a lifestyle in Bart's life.
- What Bart wants his legacy to be in the running community.
- How Bart ran through adversity through Lyme Disease.
- What Bart would take to a desert island.
- The best book that Bart has ever read on running.
- Whats Bart's favorite thing to do outside of running.
Links and Resources Mentioned
- Runners World Magazine - Chief Running Officer (CRO)
- Frank Shorter
- Jim Fixx
- Antartica Marathon
- The Keenan House
- Badwater 146 Ultramarathon
- The Great Wall of China Marathon
- The Comrades Marathon
SUPPORT THE PODCAST
If you haven't already we would love for you to review the podcast on iTunes. We want to continue to create a great show and appreciate any feedback. This is the most powerful way you can support the show. If you would like to support the show please visit the link below: