What kind the mind of a champion ultra runner teach you? It turns out a lot. Join us this week as we interview Ultramarathoner and adventure race champion Travis Macy!
We Go Into More Detail About
- Travis multi-sport approach that helps him with running.
- How Travis’ dad got him into distance running.
- Travis desire for learning and how it has propelled him in the endurance sports.
- The inspiration that Travis finds in his family.
- How Travis balances his life.
- How your view of money can affect your outcome.
- How sacrifice can lead to you achieving your goals.
- Why Travis is pursuing solo racing versus international adventure racing.
- Vulnerability and its value.
- The Leadman event and Travis training strategy for this epic endurance event(s).
- Travis' advice for the first time runners on how to avoid injuries.
- Training with polarity, how to have hard and easy runs in your training schedule.
- The key to successful cross-training.
- The 4:30 am rule and how to set commitments.
- How to train your head to not give up.
- Why people go out to fast at the start of a race.
- Who Travis likes to learn from