Meet Mirna Valerio the self titled "Fat Girl Running". She is defying stereotypes and routinely competes in marathons and ultra-marathons at 250 pounds. Mirna is a huge motivation and an incredible example that anyone can accomplish the seemingly impossible. She is also a blast to interview!
Want to listen while running?
We Go Into More Detail About
- Mirna’s background and how she went from Brooklyn, NY to Rabin County Georgia (Deliverance Country).
- How Mirna got into running.
- How a trip to an emergency room brought Mirna back to running and helped her find her life again.
- How body image affects what type of runner people think Mirna is and how she has overcome it.
- Mirna’s all girl high school and the confidence she learned in high school that propelled her for the rest of her life.
- The effect of the Runner’s World feature and the Wall Street Journal article.
- The legacy Mirna wants to leave on the world.
Links and Resources
- Twitter: @TheMirnavator
- Instagram: @TheMirnavator
- Facebook: Fat Girl Running
- Blog - Fat Girl Running
- Mirna's article in Runners World "Ultra"
- Rabin Gap Nacoochee School
- Fat Girl Running - Mirna’s Blog
- Biggest Loser
- TGNY 100K
- Tortoise and the Hair Midsummer’s Night Dream (12 Hour Ultra)
- Finger Lakes 50’s 50K
- Wall Street Journal Article - Weight Loss or Not, Exercise Yields Benefits.