Have you ever wanted to get an inside glimpse into what it is like to be in charge of one of the top marathon in the US? This week join us as well talk with Patrice Matamoros, the race director of the Dicks Pittsburgh Marathon. Learn how she took the marathon from bankruptcy to massive success in just a few short years!
We Go Into More Detail About
- Patrice has been the race director of the Pittsburgh Marathon since 2009.
- 46, mother of three.
- State Champion in cross country and track in Montana.
- Ran at Arizona and red-shirted at Florida.
We Go Into Detail About
- What Patrice does as the race director of the Three Rivers Marathon
- How Patrice got started with running.
- What to do when you get injured and encounter setbacks.
- The top disciples Patrice learned from running that impact the rest of her life.
- The #1 habit Patrice does everyday.
- The Pittsburgh Marathon and how Patrice brought it back to life.
- The Steel City Road Runners and how they impact the marathon planning process.
- The black market of bib transfers and what they have done about it.
- Security planning for 2013 Pittsburgh Marathon, 18 days after Boston Marathon Bombing.
- How the running community saved a 2014 Pittsburgh Marathon participants life.
- How the Pittsburgh Marathon leaves their course better than how they found it.