- CEO of Running USA (January 2014)
- Race Director for the Detroit Free Press Marathon
- California Bay native
- Competitive swimmer and fitness runner
- Masters of Science in Integrated Marketing Communications from Northwestern
- Journalism degree from University of Kansas
- VP of Consumer Marketing and Communications for Detroit Media Partnership (oversaw Metro Detroit, Detroit Free Press from 2008)
We Go Into More Detail About
- Rich’s background in competitive swimming.
- Cross training between swimming and running.
- How Rich got started in the running industry through working at the Detroit Free Press Marathon.
- Working with Homeland Security post 9/11 as the race director of the Detroit Free Press which runs through Canada.
- The background of Running USA and how it supports the running industry.
- The reasons for growth in the running industry.
- The impact of non-traditional events on the running industry (The Color Run, Spartan Race, Warrior Dash, etc.)
- The impact of millennials on the sport of running.
- The top 2 events that Rich loves to learn from.
- The key ingredients that makes runDisney successful.
- Top leadership takeaways Rich implements in his races.