By: Brian Elder
- St. Johns Bridge
- Downtown Portland
- Chapman Park
- Willamette River
- Sunday, Oct 5th, 2016
- 3:05, 3:10, 3:15, 3:25, 3:30, 3:35, 3:40, 3:45, 3:55, 4:00, 4:10, 4:25, 4:40, 5:00
- Located at the Hilton Portland and Executive Tower
- Friday, Oct 3: 11AM-8PM; Saturday, Oct 4: 9AM-7PM
- Regisation cost: $150
- The average temperatures in October in Portland are extremely mild at 55 degrees making for great running weather
- One of the most unique elements of this race is the aid stations have a mineral replacement fluid called Ultima instead of your typical Gatorade or Powerade. If you would like to test this in your training on long runs visit Whole Foods Market to see how it affects you mid-run.
- Portland also does a tremendous job rewarding runners who finish. Runners receive a medal, long sleeve finishers shirt, pendant (miniature of the medal), rose (the rose city), collectible two sided coin, finish food, and a tree seedling to plant!
- Boston Qualifier
Brian Elder is a learner, amateur explorer, and runner that is going to run until it takes him somewhere. He is a graduate from the University of Georgia where he studied English and Religion. After running competitively on trails and roads, he fuels with an appetite so big you would swear it’s competitive. Follow Brian on Instagram.