BACKGROUND INFO ON BART YASSO
- Bart's Website
- Wrote My Life on the Run
- Joined Runner's World in 1987 and is now the "Mayor of Running"
- Completed 1200+ races including races on all continents.
- Biked across America...twice.
- Invented the Yasso 800's
- Completed 5 Ironman Triathlons.
- Completed the Badwater 146 through Death Valley during the summer.
We Go Into More Detail About
- How did Bart know how to train?
- What are the Yasso 800's?
- Specific training advice on integrating the Yasso 800's into a marathon training plan.
- What advice does Bart give to beginners.
- What gear does Bart use for a Half Marathon
- Bart's thoughts on running devices and running shoes.
- How does being a vegetarian affect Bart's running.
Links and Resources Mentioned
- Amby Burfoot
- Spinx Carolina Marathon
- Yasso 800's
- Jeff Galloway (Run Walk Program)
- Scott Jurek
- Ogali (Kenyan Food)
- The Runner's World Cookbook
SUPPORT THE PODCAST
If you haven't already we would love for you to review the podcast on iTunes. We want to continue to create a great show and appreciate any feedback. This is the most powerful way you can support the show. If you would like to support the show please visit the link below: