Each week we want you to know what we have been reading and researching. Whether it be an article on an upcoming race, running tips, or new shoe model we want to share what we are learning at Connect Run Club. We provide the link and you provide the comments and likes on what we post! Get out and get running!
Saturday Selected Links (6/14/14)
1. With the first day of summer approaching and temperatures rising, we think it is important to understand how to run in the summer time. Running in the summer should cause us to change our approach towards what we wear, how we hydrate, and even what time we run!
2. The art of the warm-up is always a debated topic in the running community. Static stretching or dynamic stretching? Short or extended warm-up? This article from Alan Culpepper offers a great overview on warming-up for a race. Culpepper covers different race distances and styles to offer something every runner can appreciate!
3. For the last few years the greatest trend in running has been a push towards minimalist or barefoot running. From five-toed shoes to flyknits, the shift to lighter shoes has been the craze in the running community. Hoka One One is one of the few to run in the opposite direction as their shoes offer the most support and cushion on the market. With the endorsement of US 1500m Silver Medalist Leo Manzano, Hoka One One is hoping to reverse the trend!
4. Readers are learners. Runners are readers. Here are some of the best and most respected running books to give you tips, motivation, and some of the greatest running stories as reading material to enjoy through the summer.
5. When the World Cup begins on June 12th in Rio De Janiero, Brazil the world will once again be united into one time zone. Soccer is a sport where athletes runs for long distances, but this article offers a unique perspective to show how even the referees must train to have the aerobic capacity to perform their jobs on the professional level.
What do you think of the links this week? What are you reading? Let us know in the comments below!